Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Storm

After a year & 7 months,

I return to blogging once again. Maybe I can actually make it a weekly thing now for me but don't hope just yet. I have yet to find a real purpose to why I blog yet, seeing how I see my pictures on Facebook can be describe as a blog instead.

I been encouraged to blog by my professor at the university, telling us how important social media websites have become which is rather true. But let's leave that for another time seeing how my post is entitled "Snow Storm."

So there's this big hype that a snow storm is off epic proportions. Even a facebook event page has been set up for such a thing. They're calling it Snowpocalypse 2011 (and they do have amazing pictures). Yes it does seems like an end of world stuff with 19.5 inches of snow expected.

19.5 inches of snow? It does seems like a lot isn't it? For those needing reference, it's about 3 foot of snow and to those needing reference that's up to your waist if your an average height person. For those who are not the average height, I'm sure you have a decent amount of imagination to help you.

Truth to be told, I'm not particular worried about a power shortage, or being buried in snow, or force to stay indoors. I'm actually worried how are we going to celebrate Chinese New Year this year! With all the snow, the Malaysians on campus are very low on groceries and any plans to make a Chinese New Year dinner will be dashed away.

And the only thing that could excite me is that I wake up tomorrow and find out my classes for the next 2 days is canceled! But that probably will happen when there's like 6 inches of snow and that won't happen here. The only thing canceled was a club meeting at 8:30pm, so that means I just waited for pretty much nothing while I typed out this entry. So my take on this coming snow storm? Nothing exciting, just more snow to count whenever I get too bored.

A friend on mine describes snow as, "You know how sometimes there are people who are really pretty but you wouldn't wanna be around them in real life and it's same thing with the snow."

But I beg to differ. I like the snow. It's just that I don't like the wind. It's like a package you know, you know you don't want the soft drink (or pop for you Americans) in your McD or Taco Bell meals simply because the milk shakes taste way much better or a nice hot coffee. By the way check out Crystal Cha's blog for the above quote. She's probably will entertain you more than me with her charming personalities.

YES!! GO NOW!!!

On an unrelated note, it seems Malaysia has been raining a lot and it sucks now that I half-way across the world experiencing a cold harsh Chinese New Year instead of a somewhat cooler Chinese New Year back home. On behalf on all my Malaysian friends overseas, we all know how much that sucks to be away from the glorious food, angpaos, and the drinks. Seriously, -8C is the definitely the weather to have some brandy or whiskey.

I really wish I could just drink some right now, but because I signed an agreement that I cannot drink during my school year which I'm constantly remaindered by my roommate, my salvation only lies in Ipoh White Coffee and Milo.

So I guess I would have to end now, I'm getting cold and lonely just sitting in the Poling Center Lobby writing this out. I should go start counting snow soon.

Cheers...
-ZimS-

2 comments:

crystalcha28 said...

Aww... here's a *hug* for those snowy days!

ZimSen Yeow said...

Aww... Thanks to crys! A hug always does wonders =D