Monday, August 25, 2008

What has really been eating up my time...

As the title says,

I have been actually spending at least a hour a day to do my devotion. Normally I would do up to two hours straight but is not often.

Why I have been focusing so much on it? Well I started with this goal at the beginning of the year to finish my church's devotion book. Normally my church will start the year with a new devotion book. This has been a tradition for the last 27 years I think. With that goal in mine, I pushed myself to do more devotion.

The reason why I have been pushing myself was that I have been slacking really far back. As of now I'm doing week 12 of my devotion and guess what? It's week 35.

That means 22 weeks = 154 days to catch up.

Phew, a long way to go eh?

Normally, I would journal my thoughts about the recent devotion that I do. So sometimes, there's a lot to write about and then I would have to read a few bible chapters for my Through-the-Bible Reading Plan.

What my devotion book does is that we go week by week a topic of a book in the bible. Like currently, I studying about the book of Isaiah. The devotion book will then go through the entire book in 7 days, picking up important verses. What I like about it, it's that rather simple reflections of the Bible.

It isn't really dry like some of the previous book that I read and lost my interest. I would actually encourage people to really do the book (even Marwan is doing it for you college lurkers). It's rather a simple daily reflection on just a verse.

The book is called Through The Bible, Through The Year


John Stott is without question one of the most beloved and significant pastors and authors of the last fifty years. Named by Time magazine in 2005 as one of the world's 100 most influential people as one of the 25 most influential evangelicals in America, Stott commands a huge following that defies his quiet demeanor.

Now, in Through the Bible Through the Year, Stott offers orginal, never-before-published reflections on the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. These daily readings take you through Scriptures with an emphasis on both the "big picture" of the story of God and the nature of God as Trinity. Christians seeking a stronger, holistic grasp on the Bible will treasure this work that overflows with wisdom gleaned from a life and reflection by an internationally beloved pastor and scholar.

*Extracted from back cover of the book*

No comments: