Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It Rained...

Have you ever wondered why God use rain to destroy mankind? That question came to my head as I was driving today. Why not use fire? He could have ask Noah to just hide in a cave and shut himself up.

But in the end, God did sent the rain to earth. I remembered playing a game once, and one of the NPC (Non-Playable Characters) said that rain was to cleanse the body. But the body, cannot be cleansed thoroughly. As I sit here typing out this post, I think of how dirty and unworthy I am towards God. So many times I told myself I would get my heart right with God, yet so many times I failed him.

Lately, I been doing more thinking than usual. I always think of what if I did this instead of that, or what if I had never took that road that leads to where I am now? Then I realize, there are endless possibilities. For all I know, I could have taken 1 wrong step and end up a situation worse than I am now. I could also be in a better place right now. So the more I wondered, I realize I should not be thinking about it.

But if I had taken another road, I might not be what I am today. But there is an assuring quote that reminds me. It is the statement that my Malaysian Studies lecturer told me and the rest of the class.

"My dear friends, everything happens for a reason."
Mr. Warren Lau

I guess there is a truth in that. The things that happen around us, the things that we all see and do, will always have a reason. As I think about things that happen around me, things like failing a test which I just had. I tell myself, I can learn from what I did or I choose not to. See, I believe that every time we come upon a stumbling block or a bad time. We can learn from it, or, we could simply choose not to.

Reflections...

No comments: